Can you believe summer is here, and the time is right for vacations, outdoor activities, and fun. As we know back-to-school season quickly approaches and holidays soon after. It’s a good time to consider a few financial matters. Here are some questions to ask yourself mid-year.
- Goals still the same for 2022? Many of us create financial goals at the beginning of the year. Has market volatility affected your goals? Has there been a life event such as moving, or changing jobs? Note any changes since the first of the year that may warrant reviewing your goals.
- Credit score looking good? Double-check your credit score for any red flags. This can be a good way to catch issues like identity theft early.
- Contributions on track? Consider increasing your contributions to any personal or workplace-sponsored savings plans if it suits your goals.
- Scheduled spending still make sense? Look at any impacts you've felt due to market volatility. Do your plans for the rest of the year align with reality?
- Plan for upcoming expenses? As I said above we know holidays come fast and we don't like to think about that as much in the summer, but its a great opportunity to start planning for those extra expenses.
Completing a financial checkup can assess your progress towards your goals and make adjustments to keep yourself on the path toward financial well-being.
If these tips have you thinking, please feel free to reach out. I’m happy to discuss your financial picture at summertime or any time.